Ken Hirai Forum


You are not connected. Please login or register

Covers in different languages

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Covers in different languages on 30.05.09 20:02

I'd like to know the people that cover ken hirai's songs in different languages. for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auY4RG0YgSQ hitomi wo tojite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTDAa8FA5Q gaining through losing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT8adTl4GeU miracle

None are as good as the original though.

View user profile
Hitomi wo Tojite = Ronald Cheng
Gaining Through Losing = F4 (don't like them and their song)
Miracle = I don't know. I just know that there is this version after seeing your post.

For Ronald Cheng and F4, I think you can wiki them. F4 ever popular near 1999-200? because they starred Taiwan Drama called Meteor Garden. For Ronald, I don't really know about him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Ronald's song was used in "Mars" (Taiwan Drama too). Hope this help ^^

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ChangHQ?ref=profile
Lucas Faith wrote:Hitomi wo Tojite = Ronald Cheng
Gaining Through Losing = F4 (don't like them and their song)
Miracle = I don't know. I just know that there is this version after seeing your post.

For Ronald Cheng and F4, I think you can wiki them. F4 ever popular near 1999-200? because they starred Taiwan Drama called Meteor Garden. For Ronald, I don't really know about him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Ronald's song was used in "Mars" (Taiwan Drama too). Hope this help ^^
Ronald Cheng sung Hitomi wo Tojite for the hk version of Crying out Love in the Centre of the World

Yu Hung Ming (Taiwan singer) sung the cover of Hitomi wo Tojite for the drama "Mars"

View user profile
Ah, my bad then :p

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ChangHQ?ref=profile
Lucas Faith wrote:Hitomi wo Tojite = Ronald Cheng
Gaining Through Losing = F4 (don't like them and their song)
Miracle = I don't know. I just know that there is this version after seeing your post.

For Ronald Cheng and F4, I think you can wiki them. F4 ever popular near 1999-200? because they starred Taiwan Drama called Meteor Garden. For Ronald, I don't really know about him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Ronald's song was used in "Mars" (Taiwan Drama too). Hope this help ^^

MUAHAHAHA. I agree totally about F4 *blewk* x 10000000!!! People who dont compose their own songs and expect to be famous because of their faces, get NO RESPECT from me!!!

And sorry but things Taiwanese simply don't appeal to me. I'm not bashing without basis. I've seen enough of their dramas and they simply suck BIG TIME!!! Twisted Evil Jdrama rules!!!

View user profile http://psikomatrix.livejournal.com/

KimJayson

avatar
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator


MUAHAHAHA. I agree totally about F4 *blewk* x 10000000!!! People who dont compose their own songs and expect to be famous because of their faces, get NO RESPECT from me!!!

And sorry but things Taiwanese simply don't appeal to me. I'm not bashing without basis. I've seen enough of their dramas and they simply s*** BIG TIME!!! Jdrama rules!!!

I always enjoy reading your posts in this forum but this particular post seems a little out of the way. Although we dislike some of the artists in the industry (in your case F4, Taiwanese artists and which happened to be fellow-Asian), it is not fitting to brodcast it with MUCH hatred and disgust as if they have no rights to exist as an artist. Probably some of them don't have much talent as Ken Hirai, but then, they are stars in their own right. Also, we should avoid offensive words so as to preserve the integrity of our beloved forum and maintain harmony among its members and with members of other forums. Just imagine what will the fans of F4 and other Taiwanese artists will think about us if they read your post? We dont want to impart to them the thinking that we are are self-righteous, narrow-minded and impertinent. What we want to show them is that we, Ken fans, are friendly and respectful.
This is just a reminder my friend and I love to see more of your posts in the future. Thanks!!! cheers


_________________
KimJayson
desde en Filipinas
Ken Hirai fan mula sa Pilipinas
View user profile http://www.friendster.com/kimjayson
Ok first of all, I'll admit that i have gone overboard by using words that are too strong or like you mentioned, "offensive words". So for that, i sincerely apologise if i offended any F4, Taiwanese artistes and Taiwanese drama fans. *bows head*

That said, I WILL NOT apologize for the fact that i dislike certain artistes. I still stand by my view. I guess like pointed out by a friend recently, i seem to have strong views on certain issues. I can't help it if me being opinionated doesn't sit well with forum members here or members of other forums. I am just expressing my views and seriously, i meant no malice. If moderators here feel that such views are not appropriate here, by all means, delete my posts. I have no problems with that. I'll just continue to lurk then, if that's the case.

I have been a lurker on countless forums. And when people make fun of or question KH's 'Japaneseness' and sexual orientation, it seriously doesn't bother me. People have their own opinion and i respect that. However i will not go and judge such posters as "self-righteous, narrow-minded and impertinent". For me, as a die-hard KH fan, anybody in this world can say anything they like about KH good or bad. I will not be bothered, ruffled or get angry. And this applies to my two other J loves (Yutaka Takenouchi and MONKEY MAJIK). Life is too short for all these anger. Whenever i go to forums, its to discuss my love for their talent and appreciate it with fellow fans. My view has always been that they (my J loves)can do whatever they want in their private lives. As a fan, my only wish is that they are happy, healthy and continue to produce quality works for fans like me to enjoy. Who am i to judge their personal lives?

wrt artists that "don't have much talent as Ken Hirai" and that "they are stars in their own right" and to your view that my comments impy that "as if they have no rights to exist as an artist"... I'll elaborate below:

I'm upset because these stars who lack talent, for example those who don't compose their own songs are marketed to the masses which means i can easily get access to such artists in my local media. I read about them in papers, I see their CDs, VCDs and DVDs in music stores, on free-to-air tv etc etc.

For artists that i LOVE (because of their TALENT and not just looks. Seriously looks are secondary and actually is a bonus to me) only God knows the lengths that i have to go to actually purchase or find their work. So i hope that explains the chip that i have on my shoulder wrt people who lack talent but are 'very popular'. *rolls eyes* I'm really fine if artists that get media coverage are singer-songwriters. FYI, i salute such artistes. What really get on my nerves are artistes who rely on their looks mainly.

And the reason why i join forums is because of unavailability of English news of my J loves in my local media (newspaper, radio, internet). It seems that i have obscure taste in artistes and like to make things difficult for myself. Artist that i like are not mainstream and will not appear on pages like Yahoo! News. If one day i ever see KH, MONKEY MAJIK or Yutaka Takenouchi featured on Yahoo! News or MSN page, it'll be like the sun has risen in the West. (read: highly impossible)

I have to actually put in effort to look for news on their latest work. Its not instantly available. And for that i am ALWAYS thankful to posters on forums for sharing latest news about artists i LOVE. Honestly, at times, i'll just slack and not follow their developments. Its really tiring trying to follow artists who don't get coverage in my local media.

Ok enough said. I'll refrain from expressing my disdain for artists i dislike. However i'd like to include something that has always been playing in my mind.

"When i b**** about someone, that someone should take it as a compliment cos i even bother to b**** about you, which means i care. If i don't even write about you, it means i'm indifferent to you which imho is WORSE compared to hating or disliking someone. Get it? So please people learn to look at the bright side of life!"

And fyi, this comment above applies to my loved ones like family and friends as well. Everyone is fair game to me.

View user profile http://psikomatrix.livejournal.com/
I used to be someone who keeps everything to myself cos i was afraid of offending others. And i have recently realised that this habit of mine actually made me become an unhappy person cos i was trying to be a 'good' person who pleases the people around her. And recently i found a place (i'll not disclose this place) where ppl are friendly and would like to discuss issues with respect and also have a sense of humour and understand where i'm 'coming from'. I see no point in only praising artists i like to the skies and putting them so high on the pedestal. This honour i believe is only reserved for God, the Creator of all beings.

If i sound like a bitter person, i apologize. I am just being myself and i don't pretend to be someone else just to please others.

In my defense, i stand by my views and when i comment on sites, i do not post anonymously to put down artists i dislike. That's like throwing a stone at someone and then hiding my hand behind me. Please, i have better things to do. and most importantly imho, that's cowardice. Come to think of it i NEVER set out to put down any artistes. I am simply expressing my views. Please don't read too much into things.

Sorry for going on and on. I admit that i am rather long-winded. I hope that i was able to get my point across and didn't bore anyone reading this post. Thanks for the timely reminder, by the way, appreciate it very much!!! Smile And i really should tone down on my harsh language. Embarassed

Cheers,
~Saleha

View user profile http://psikomatrix.livejournal.com/

KimJayson

avatar
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
Hi psikomatrix,
Yeah I understand fully your point. Sorry but I cannot stay longer in the forum to explain further what I mean by my reply to your post. Don't you worry. I also dislike to the maximum some of the artists in the industry especially members of F4 ( except Vic Zhou coz I think he got talent the other members do not, although I admit I kinda like Angela Zhang and Ambrose Hsu). Razz I just want to remind you that you should not express such high level of hatred and use offensive words about these artists in this forum so as not to offend other people and maintain the harmony in the forum. Maybe we can do that so in other forums but not here. If we do it here, we're very much identified as Ken Hirai forum members and could impose a problem that may become too big to handle in the future. Hay, so much for now! sunny
By the way, I love Singapore since I was a child. It's a very clean city, people are very disciplined and hospitable. I have a penpal that lives there but we're no longer that close as friends now.
Mabuhay and God Bless amigo!!!!

Kim Jayson Smile



Last edited by KimJayson on 27.08.09 15:18; edited 1 time in total


_________________
KimJayson
desde en Filipinas
Ken Hirai fan mula sa Pilipinas
View user profile http://www.friendster.com/kimjayson

KimJayson

avatar
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
psikomatrix wrote:used to be someone who keeps everything to myself cos i was afraid of offending others. And i have recently realised that this habit of mine actually made me become an unhappy person cos i was trying to be a 'good' person who pleases the people around her. And recently i found a place (i'll not disclose this place) where ppl are friendly and would like to discuss issues with respect and also have a sense of humour and understand where i'm 'coming from'.

Yeah, this is a very friendly place and I'm glad you've finally realized that this is the rightful place where you belong. I've been to many forums in the net (coz like you, I'm a fan also of various international artists from Thalia to Gary Barlow to Ken to 2NE1 and so on and so forth) and I realized that this is the ONLY forum which, I may say, the friendliest and the happiest. Thus, it's so important that we maintain harmony here. If we bash other artists, we may but not that severe.

psikomatrix wrote:I see no point in only praising artists i like to the skies and putting them so high on the pedestal. This honour i believe is only reserved for God, the Creator of all beings.


Yeah, you are so so correct! I am a Christian and believe that the honor and glory only belongs to HIM!!! cheers

psikomatrix wrote:In my defense, i stand by my views and when i comment on sites, i do not post anonymously to put down artists i dislike. That's like throwing a stone at someone and then hiding my hand behind me. Please, i have better things to do. and most importantly imho, that's cowardice. Come to think of it i NEVER set out to put down any artistes. I am simply expressing my views. Please don't read too much into things.

Rest assured I am not reading too much into things. We just need to, somehow, look at the words we are using because it may be "offensive" to others.

psikomatrix wrote:Sorry for going on and on. I admit that i am rather long-winded. I hope that i was able to get my point across and didn't bore anyone reading this post. Thanks for the timely reminder, by the way, appreciate it very much!!! And i really should tone down on my harsh language.


Nope, it did not bore me and probably,as well as the others too. Don't you worry, your point got acrossed. You can still express your opinion here as long as you want and we will very much appreciate it. You're the kind that helps to keep this precious forum going. But remember my friend, as you said, you should tone down on harsh language a little. Jejeje!!! Razz

KEEP ON POSTING!!!!! Cool


_________________
KimJayson
desde en Filipinas
Ken Hirai fan mula sa Pilipinas
View user profile http://www.friendster.com/kimjayson
On the topic of artist not writing their own songs. Technically if you haven't noticed, ken only writes the lyrics to his songs and some music, but not all. Does that technically make him not writing his own songs? Writing your own song should consist of both the lyrics and the musical part, am i not right? Of course artist that are able to write their own lyrics has a greater advantage than the ones that don't as they show what kind of personality the artist is. However, Artists that don't write their own songs should not be treated any less of an artist. There are many famous artists in the world that can sing really well, but don't write their own songs.

As for myself, i do prefer listening to artists that write their own lyrics, but i still enjoy many other artist that don't. Such as; Leo Ku and Hacken Lee.
On the topic of taiwanese artist, I think they have produced many good artist with the likes of David Tao and Wang Lee Hom. I highly rate both of them, especially David Tao.

Anyways, i am not taking any sides in this, but all i am doing is giving you another perspective on this topic.

Thanks!

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum